Monday, March 31, 2008

The 2nd Blessing

The 2nd shawl was presented on Good Friday, March 21, 2008. This was my personal knitting and the girls were not able to go along for the blessing.

When I first began thinking about the prayer shawl ministry, I had met through business a Realtor by the name of Barbara. During the process of our working together she was diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer and had to have her broker take over her real estate transactions. The Lord kept bringing her name to mind and I felt led to do my first knitting for Barbara.

Barbara began her treatments and I checked on her progress occasionally through her broker and via email. I told her I would like to bring by something I had knitted her. She instantly said, "You've knitted me something for my bald head!" I said, "No, I don't know how to knit beenies yet!" When presented with the shawl she said, "What are you, an angel or something?" We had a very nice visit and hopefully she will continue to make wonderful progress!


Below is a sweet note from Barbara . . . .

Thank you so much for my blessed shawl. If I had a dollar for every time I've used it, I'd be rich! I just love it. It stays on the couch. So nice to meet you finally. See you soon!

Barbara

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors